It's all about Flicks here! REVIEWS AND MORE!!!! Please read, comment, share and become a follower!!!!!!


Feb 12, 2010

LIFE AFTER TOMORROW

Title: Life After Tomorrow
Director: Gil Cates, Jr. Julie Stevens
Starring: Allison Smith, Sarah Jessica Parker, Senta Moses, Dara Brown, Martha Byrne
Rating: 2.5/4 stars

I am a musical theatre junkie. As much as I deny it, I also secretly LOVE Annie. So when I came across this documentary about life after Annie, I couldn't resist. This is not the best documentary ever made. It doesn't reveal any hidden truths, or touch the heart. It is essentially a bunch of former child actors whining about their life, since they could never live up to having been in one of the biggest hit musicals of all time (SJP aside).
What I did love about Life After Tomorrow was the surprise little tidbits about the showbiz life. Stories about touring, and stage mothers and hookers. I am such a sucker for backstage gossip.
I was also so surprised by how many faces I recognized. OK, so theatre queen that I am, I knew that Sarah Jessica Parker had been in Annie. I had no idea that MSNBC's Dara Brown and soap star Martha Byrne were former orphans too. And Allison Smith, who I love on Kate and Allie. It was so interesting to hear all of their stories, and see all the old photographs. But let's be honest, no one really wants to listen to you whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment