It's all about Flicks here! REVIEWS AND MORE!!!! Please read, comment, share and become a follower!!!!!!


Feb 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Blunt!

Emily Blunt can pretty much do no wrong in my book. Every single thing I have seen her do is magic. Even if the film itself is stinky, she is always great. Today is Emily's birthday. She turns 27 (wow, she's the same age as me, and look what she has accomplished, now I am depressed). I have loved her ever since I saw The Devil Wears Prada. She delivers a wonderfully nuanced comic performance in that movie. She is almost the villian of the piece, but she plays her character, also named Emily, with such panache that you can't help but love her. She is a wonderfully flawed and desperate person. This is the stuff great comedy is made of. People desperately trying to climb their way up the ladder and hide all of their idiosyncracies, and failing miserably. I just love me some Blunt.
She also does some brilliant work in, my personal favorite, Sunshine Cleaning. Here is a wounded woman, wallowing in her old wounds. The relationship between Blunt and Amy Adams in this one is such a joy to watch. I really believe them as sisters.
See also, My Summer Of Love, The Young Victoria, and The Jane Austen Book Club for some Blunt Brilliance!!
My God, can we just give her and Oscar already. Although she does have John Krasinski, so I guess she's probably doing ok.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUNT!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was watching Devil Wears Prada last night when I read this. But my comment got eaten by my phone. Everyone could use more Emily Blunt in there lives :)

    ReplyDelete